The Domestic Abuse Act 2021 places a new duty on “local authorities in England to provide support to victims of domestic abuse and their children in refuges and other safe accommodation”.
The Act requires that each local authority must:
- Appoint a multi-agency Domestic Abuse Local Partnership Board which must have oversight of the other five requirements (2-6).
- Assess, or make arrangements for the assessment of, the need for domestic abuse support in their area for all victims (and their children) who reside in relevant safe accommodation, including those who come from outside the area.
- Prepare and publish a strategy for the provision of such support to cover their area having regard to the needs assessment.
- Give effect to the strategy (through commissioning/de-commissioning decisions)
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy
- Report back annually to central government. (1)
The purpose of this report is to assess the need for domestic abuse support for safe accommodation in Nottinghamshire County as required by part 2 above.
Please find the health needs assessment and appendices below.
Domestic abuse- Safe accommodation needs assessment (2021)
Appendix A - Needs Assessment Form & Guidance
Appendix B - Local data collection template
Please also view the JSNA chapter (2019)